Not even close to the worse
Get out of those Speedos, baby
October 03, 2006 1:22 PM
Former Congressman Mark Foley (R-FL) interrupted a vote on the floor of the House in 2003 to engage in Internet sex with a high school student who had served as a congressional page, according to new Internet instant messages provided to ABC News by former pages.
ABC News now has obtained 52 separate instant message exchanges, which former pages say were sent by Foley, using the screen name Maf54, to two different boys under the age of 18.
This message was dated April 2003, at approximately 7 p.m., according to the message time stamp.
Teen: ya me too
Maf54: we are still voting
Maf54: you miss me too
The exchange continues in which Foley and the teen both appear to describe having sexual orgasms.
Maf54: ok..i better go vote..did you know you would have this effect on me
Teen: lol I guessed
Teen: ya go vote…I don't want to keep you from doing our job
Maf54: can I have a good kiss goodnight
The House voted that evening on HR 1559, Emergency War Time supplemental appropriations.
According to another message, Foley also invites the teen and a friend to come to his house near Capitol Hill so they can drink alcohol.
Teen: are you going to be in town over the veterans day weekend
Maf54: I may be now that your coming
Maf54: who you coming to visit
Teen: haha good stuff
Teen: umm no one really
Maf54: we will be adjourned ny then Read an exclusive excerpt
Teen: oh good
Maf54: then we can have a few drinks
Teen: yes yes ;-)
Maf54: your not old enough to drink
Teen: that's not what my ID says
Teen: I probably shouldn't be telling you that huh
Maf54: we may need to drink at my house so we don't get busted
I'm watching a more pissed than normal Nancy Grace right now. Disgust might be a kind word. But she had the best line about this so far: "he's been molested, he's an alcoholic and he's gay. What does that have to do with this?" She's not happy, and millions of Americans will pick up on that. They could hardly miss her anger. Mostly, because they share it.
But these comments are a total red flag, indicating sexual contact. Why? Drinking with teenage boys, asking from a kiss for one, all are red flags which indicate some kind of sexual relationship.
Let's review what the signs are of a child sex predator
Profile Of A Pedophile
By Tammy L. Ruggles, BSW, MA
Mental Health Professional
Obviously, Foley meets many of these criteria. But not one member of the House leadership took five minutes to look this up for warning signs. If they had, they would have been concerned.
Tammy Ruggles writes for a local newspaper, "The Lewis County Herald" (publisher Dennis Brown), and has a column called TR's Topics. Her first non-fiction book, tentatively titled The Ultimate Teen Help Guide, has been picked up for publication by Rowman & Littlefield/Scarecrow Press, and should be available in late 2003 or early 2004. Visti Tammy's Website.Pedophiles don't have signs on their backs or neon arrows pointing over their heads.
It's easier to believe that the "dirty old man in the park", rather than the clean-cut bus driver down the street, is a pedophile.
Pedophiles aren't confined to our Catholic churches. They are in Protestant churches, synagogues, and mosques. Some of them are teachers, counselors, scout leaders, truck drivers, factory workers, and youth ministers. In fact, they are wherever children can be found, irrespective of age, race, education, occupation, class, social standing, or income.
Celibacy isn't the reason priests prey on children. Sexual attraction to children, and sexual gratification from children, are the reasons. Though there is no hard and fast profile of a pedophile, here are some general characteristics:
* Popular with both children and adults.
* Appears to be trustworthy and respectable. Has good standing in the community.
* Prefers the company of children. Feels more comfortable with children than adults. Is mainly attracted to prepubescent boys and girls. Can be heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual.
* "Grooms" children with quality time, video games, parties, candy, toys, gifts, money.
* Singles out children who seem troubled and in need of attention or affection.
* Often dates or marries women with children that are the age of his preferred victims.
* Rarely forces or coerces a child into sexual contact. Usually through trust and friendship. Physical contact is gradual, from touching, to picking up, to holding on lap, to kissing, etc.
* Derives gratification in a number of ways. For some, looking is enough. For others, taking pictures or watching children undress is enough. Still others require more contact.
* Finds different ways and places to be alone with children.
* Are primarily (but not always) male, masculine, better-educated, more religious than average, in their thirties, and choose jobs allowing them greater access to children.
* Are usually family men, have no criminal record, and deny that they abuse children, even after caught, convicted, incarcerated, and court-ordered into a sex offender program. The marriage is often troubled by sexual dysfunction, and serves as a smokescreen for the pedophile's true preferences and practices.
* Are often, but not always, themselves victims of some form of childhood sexual abuse.
* Even if the pedophile has no children, his home is usually child-friendly, with toys, books, video games, computers, bikes, swing sets, skateboards, rec room, pool, snacks - things to attract children to his home and keep them coming back. Usually the items reflect the preferred age of his victims.
* A female pedophile usually abuses a child when partnered with an adult male pedophile, and is often herself a victim of chronic sexual abuse.
* A pedophile can act independently, or be involved in an organized ring, including the Internet, NAMBLA (North American Man/Boy Love Association), and other pro-pedophilia groups. Some pedophiles recognize that their behavior is criminal, immoral, and unacceptable by society, and operate in secrecy. Some are quite open and militant about their practices and advocate the normalization of pedophilia under the guise of freedom of speech and press, and uses innocuous language like "intergenerational intimacy."
Foley, who was single, seemed to be unusually devoted to child protection issue.
What people often don't realize is that child sex predators think they are protecting kids and that the relationships are voluntary.
It still perplexes me why the House leadership tried to contain this mess? It isn't containable. It isn't controllable. Once Foley's life is examined in detail, it gets Michael Jackson ugly. My bet, they find a couple of video consoles, plenty of games, booze, current rock music. It won't look like the home of a single 52 year old man, down to the Mike's lemonade in the fridge. I could be wrong, but for a man who sought to hang out with teenagers, he's not going to be discussing
Bizet and going to the Kennedy Center with them.
What is even more amazing is that they don't think this can get worse. Drudge blaming the kids, others blaming the Dems. Grace conducted her show and didn't mention political party once. Duh. Who cares about which party? Who would try to blame someone else? A sexual predator is a danger to all kids, period.
When Foley says he didn't sleep with any of these kids, odds are he's lying. Heavy odds. Child sex predators never come clean, so when you have a man talking about kissing kids, grooming them, discussing orgasms, it's a goddamn big leap to say he didn't take that extra step. A responsible adult does not plot with 16 year olds to drink with them. But a predator does.
A predator will do anything it takes to cultivate the trust of kids for a higher goal, fucking them.
posted by Steve @ 12:22:00 AM