96 dead, 3 years, seven months, seven days
Hmmm, penises in mouths,
Drudge is pushing some new bullshit from the racist Allen campaign
WEBB’S WEIRD WORLD
The Author’s Disturbing Writings Show a Continued Pattern of Demeaning WomenThe Webb family has a son in the US Marines. The Allen family doesn't believe in military service, for themselves.
· Some of Webb’s writings are very disturbing for a candidate hoping to represent the families of Virginians in the U.S. Senate.
· Many excellent books about the United States military and wartime service accomplish their purposes, and even win awards, without systematically demeaning women, and without dehumanizing women, men and even children.
· Webb’s novels disturbingly and consistently – indeed, almost uniformly – portray women as servile, subordinate, inept, incompetent, promiscuous, perverted, or some combination of these. In novel after novel, Webb assigns his female characters base, negative characteristics. In thousands of pages of fiction penned by Webb, there are few if any strong, admirable women or positive female role models.
Why does Jim Webb refuse to portray women in a respectful, positive light, whether in his non-fiction concerning their role in the military, or in his provocative novels? How can women trust him to represent their views in the Senate when chauvinistic attitudes and sexually exploitive references run throughout his fiction and non-fiction writings?
· Most Virginians and Americans would find passages such as those below shocking, especially coming from the pen of someone who seeks the privilege of serving in the United States Senate, one of the highest offices in the land:
– Lost Soldiers: “A shirtless man walked toward them along a mud pathway. His muscles were young and hard, but his face was devastated with wrinkles. His eyes were so red that they appeared to be burned by fire. A naked boy ran happily toward him from a little plot of dirt. The man grabbed his young son in his arms, turned him upside down, and put the boy’s penis in his mouth.”
When it comes to matters of sexuality, Drudge attacked the victims of Congressional Child Sex Predators. Now he's upset about books? Please.
The fact is this: George Allen is desperate.
Because a life long, unnatural antipathy towards African Americans as he seeks to represent them. He has called them nigger in the company of whites and met with openly racist groups. He has supported the president blindly and without question as Virginians were maimed and killed in Iraq. He has embraced the Confederacy with a fervor which is truly frightening
He didn't even support them upgrading the PASGT vest to chickenplate, which an ad from VoteVets.org showed in brutal detail, the consequences of that vote. Then Allen sought to dimninsh Webb's service, while he spent his youth placing deer heads in mailboxes, Webb led a platoon of Marines in Vietnam. Allen supported the war, Webb fought it.
I don't give a fuck what Webb wrote in his private life in novels. I care about the men and women dying in Iraq. Where by the weekend, we will have been fighting longer than in WWII.
That's the issue, not this desperate bullshit.
posted by Steve @ 12:25:00 AM