The No Murder Pledge
Hunting for humans is illegal
Some bloggers, mostly right wingers, after being embarassed by the conduct of some of their peers, have created a pledge of Online Integrity. Which, if one is aware of the rules of the internet and common decency, is as useful as a third nipple.
One should not have to be told to be decent.
But if we're going to have pledges, I think we need to pledge not to kill other people. Murder is so destructive and if we all agree not to do it, then we can have a better world. Here is the News Blog's 15 point no murder pledge
Now that people understand the rules, they should follow them.
- You cannot hire a man to kill your wife in a custody dispute. Murder is not a legal option in marital discord
- Driving by homes and firing automatic weapons is unacceptable behavior.
- Ed Gein is not a role model
- Neither is Jeffery Dahmer
- You cannot use Saw or Hostel as training films for kidnapping and torturing strangers
- Axes are for wood, not virginal coeds
- Just because someone steps on your brand new Nikes, you cannot cut their arteries with a boxcutter
- Hitchhikers are not deer, you cannot hunt, gut and make jerky of them
- Killing someone for insurance fraud is unlikely to work, ask Fred MacMurray
- Farms are not disposal areas for meth dealing bikers on the wrong end of a drug deal. And, no, you can't store the hookers you kidnap and strangle there either
- Just because you hate your neighbor, you cannot wire C-4 to his engine block, then wait for the explosion. And I know some of you can do just that.Don't.
- I know your mother in law is annoying . Feeding her seconal and then letting her drive is STILL MURDER. Sure, your hands are clean, more or less, but your actions led to her death
- Even if he has a gun, if you shoot someone in a home invasion, you've committed murder
- Even though your wife left you, barging into her parents home, killing everyone inside and driving away is an overreaction.
- Just because you own a high powered rifle, doesn't mean you can climb to a roof and start picking people off
posted by Steve @ 1:27:00 AM