THE NEWS BLOG

 
Steve and Jen bring you this daily review of the news
Premium Advertiser

News Blog Sponsors

News Links

BBC World Service
The Guardian
Independent
Washington Post
Newsday
Iraq Order of Battle
Agonist
NY Times
LA Times
ABC News
CNN
Blogger

 
Blogs We Like

Daily Kos
Atrios
Digby's Blog
Skippy
Operation Yellow Elephant
Iraq Casualty Count
Uggabugga
Media Matters
Talking Points
Defense Tech
Intel Dump
Soldiers for the Truth
Margaret Cho
Juan Cole
Tbogg
Corrente
Gropinator
Just a Bump in the Beltway
Baghdad Burning
Wonkette
Howard Stern
Michael Moore
James Wolcott
Cooking for Engineers
There is No Crisis
Whiskey Bar
Rude Pundit
Driftglass
At-Largely
Crooks and Liars
Amazin' Avenue
DC Media Girl
The Server Logs

 
Blogger Credits

Powered by Blogger

Archives by
Publication Date
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
Comments Credits
Comments by YACCS
Monday, August 15, 2005

Sorry I slept with your boyfriend


And yes, if I wanted to, I could fuck your man

Whoops -- I did it with my best friend's boyfriend
She went away for the summer and one thing led to another.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
By Cary Tennis

Aug. 15, 2005 | Dear Cary,

I am in a panic tonight.

About a month and a half ago I basically slept with (in the Clinton sense) my good friend's boyfriend. My friend and I are law students. We'll call her Jane. Jane is out of town for the summer and she left her boyfriend (whom we'll call Sam) here after begging him to come live with her. I adore Sam, but we both knew it was best not to fool around anymore. So, we've done a good job of just remaining friends. I've done my best to deal with the guilt and moral implications and I've decided for the good of everyone I wasn't going to tell Jane what happened. I didn't want to be the one to break up a five-year relationship.

My new problem is this: I told a friend of mine, Ben, what happened during a drunken conversation the night after it all happened. He promised not to tell a soul. Today he told (kind of by accident). And he told a mutual friend of ours. Carolyn is young. She is 22 while I am 29. She called me tonight and told me what she knew. She then proceeded to tell me that she thought I did a horrible thing, that I should tell Jane and that she didn't think she could trust me now. I am scared that she is also going to tell Jane.

I don't want to defend my actions because I know they were wrong, but I want to tell her to stay out of my business. There is no good that could come of her interfering. I feel in danger of losing a bunch of friends here and I'm pissed off, but I feel selfish for being pissed off. I felt like Carolyn was my friend and that she could deal with a revelation that I wasn't perfect. But she couldn't, and I just want to tell her that I think she is too self-righteous and moralizing and someday when she grows up a bit, she might understand. But I don't want to lose her as a friend and I don't want her to tell Jane. So, do I just keep quiet? Is it best to come clean to everyone even though it might really mess with some lives? Is it any of her business? I feel like my world (and maybe that of a few others) is about to come crashing down.

Usually a Good Girl



He's babbling in his reply, but read it if you want.

Carolyn will find herself short one friend, and it won't be the letter writer, if she blabs this. Jane will hate her for her telling far more than she can imagine.

However, Carolyn is right, right as rain actually. There is nothing to understand. Good Girl is a backstabbing ho, as they say on Springer. Her girlfriend may not be a good girlfriend, but that's best for Sam to decide on his own. You beg your boyfriend to come live with you, then leave him for the summer, you're asking for trouble on the order of playing with gasoline and road flares. That says she takes him for granted. She, foolishly, doesn't think other women will fuck him. Oh well, women lose that bet every day.

Good Girl should be a woman and place her cards on the table with both Sam and Jane. Carolyn is not the problem. She's just the person who won't be your conspirator and since you didn't tell her, you really can't say shit about what she says.

She obviously has feelings for Sam, after all his dick didn't just spring into her mouth uninvited, and she should tell him this. Jane was stupid, she asked a sacrifice of her boyfriend and refused to make one herself. So if he acts upon that, well, shit happens. If a man did the same thing, it would be equally as foolish and selfish. Live with me, live with me, see you in the fall? Nope.

As Chris Rock said "guys say I want a girl just like her, women say I want him" so if you leave your boyfriend alone for the summer, he might move past masturbation for sexual pleasure.

As far as Jane goes, Good Girl needs to tell her not just about the sex, but her feelings as well. She isn't your friend, but a competitor. Why pretend she's a friend when you would rather make her boyfriend yours?

But she's gonna find out, women always do in the end and then she's gonna dump both of you. So it's better to be honest up front with everyone and let the chips fall where they will.

posted by Steve @ 11:47:00 AM

11:47:00 AM

The News Blog home page





 

Editorial Staff
RSS-XML Feeds

Add to My AOL

Support The News Blog

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
News Blog Food Blog
Visit the News Blog Food Blog
The News Blog Shops
 
 
 
Operation Yellow Elephant
Enlist, Young Republicans